15 Feb We’re Hiring!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
The Clifton Cultural Arts Center (CCAC) is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to strengthening the critical link between participation in the cultural arts and successful, healthy children, adults and communities.
CCAC seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented self-starter who is committed to the arts and community building, and would like to take a supporting role in our fun, fast-paced environment. CCAC is hiring an Administrative Assistant, a role which will allow an entrepreneurial individual the opportunity to be involved in the success of a rare and remarkable organization.
This position is responsible for ensuring that CCAC operates in an efficient and effective manner by performing support duties of the CCAC staff. The position will primarily focus on the day-to-day activities, including but not limited to answering phone calls, responding to emails, receiving and directing visitors and providing information to patrons about CCAC’s classes, programs, events, rental spaces, etc. This position is also responsible for scheduling and supervising the work-study and intern staff, as well as volunteers.
- High school diploma; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Arts Administration, or Communications preferred or commensurate work experience.
- Two – three years in an administrative or assistant role, with preference given to experience in the non-profit sector.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders (patrons, class providers, tenants, event renters) and to promote a welcoming atmosphere for all guests;
- Efficient and resourceful problem solving skills;
- Effective time management skills, and the ability to handle simultaneous, complex projects;
- Proficiency in the use of technology and various software programs;
- Dependability, and adherence to a set and reliable work schedule;
- Flexibility, collaborative working style, and a sense of humor.
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests at CCAC
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise work study and intern staff, including development and implementation of educational and experiential growth opportunities
- Coordinate with Events and Gallery Coordinator and Programs and Communication Manager to determine work study and intern staffing needs, on a monthly basis
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies
- Generate paperwork necessary to ensure all bills are paid on time
- Mastery of CCAC’s class, program, and event rosters, with the ability to respond to questions and requests for information with detailed knowledge
- Maintain workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copy machines and printers
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This position is full-time (32 – 40 hours per week). The list of outcomes above is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter (outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position), resume, and salary requirements to Leslie R. Mooney, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Electronic submissions (as Word Documents or PDFs) are strongly preferred; no phone calls, please. Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 10. CCAC is an EOE employer, and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.