- Creative Writing Workshop – Adults
Creative Writing Workshop – Adults
Thursdays, 6:30 – 8:45pm
Whether you are embarking on a first novel, or seeking that elusive ending to a promising short story, you will find that the workshop technique can be a powerful, if at times surprising, guide. Examine your work and the work of other area writers and notice what is revealed by choices in voice, character, plot, and point of view. You may never read, or write, quite the same way again.
Numerous books, short stories, and online publications have developed within the Workshop, including:
- Ms. Lab Rat
- An Open Letter to the Shamed Usurper of the Handicapped Stall, Stories by Lisa McKenzie
- A Winter Break by Elaine Olund
- Letter Bomb by Elaine Olund
- A Double Life by Elaine Olund
- 34thParallel Magazine, Issue 14, story by Elaine Olund
- You Are Unique by Maria Ramos
- The Governor’s Sons by Maria McKenzie
- Escape: Book One of the Unchained Trilogy by Maria McKenzie
- Easter at the Farm by Andrea Rotterman was just published by The Storyteller Magazine.
- Chorus of Exes by Lisa McKenzie
- Mermaid by Lisa McKenzie
- From Cad to Cadaver: A Black Ops Detective Agency Mystery by Maria McKenzie
- Masquerade by Maria McKenzie
- Revelation by Maria McKenzie
- Something Sweet by Andrea Rotterman
- Sea Change by Elaine Oland
Class Size: Minimum 1, Max 8
Elaine Olund is a working writer, artist and designer. Her goals for workshop are to provide an encouraging place to share, sharpen and complete ongoing fiction or creative non-fiction projects (essays, memoirs) in a community of writers. More about Elaine and her writing can be found at elaineolund.com.